In very early spring this year I decided to dig up my old wild flower section and plant it with a special selection of wild flowers sold by a company in Sheffield. I did this because two years ago I was very impressed with the efforts of Rotherham Council (where I live) to create fantastic wild flower habitats on all the central reservations on dual carriageways and also in other places. I dug the area over meticulously removing every trace of anything already growing before planting the seeds. I scrounged some slices of a tree which was being cut down just across the lane from where I live to create some stepping stones (logs) so I could get to every bit of the patch to remove any unwanted weeds without having to trample on the flowers. After just a few weeks the new flowers are already covering the plot and I plan to take a picture from the same position every few days to watch there progress. This is the progress so far.
Seeds planted on April 20th. See the pictures which should be dated to see the progress.